Friday, April 3, 2009

Feeling the love!

Spring is in the air and even here in our neck of the woods, I personally am beginning to really feel the love.

Conversation one:
Wednesday night, Tom and I are intently engrossed, waiting to see who is definitely in the bottom three of Idol. Megan comes hopping down the steps being her usual teenage self. "Mom, I need help, cheerleading try outs are Thursday and I need a cheer" (Gee, she does talk and not just text. ) Being the good mom that I am I literally jumped at the chance to shine up my mother of the year trophy. Picture this, well, maybe you shouldn't. I immediately threw off my warm cozy blanket, stood up from my nice cozy couch, and in my nice cozy, baby blue, fleecey flannel, satin trimmed housecoat, I mean robe, proceeded to give what I thought was my best rendition of "open up the barn doors, kick out the hay" cheer. Oh, come on. you know it too. It was complete with "one, two, ready. go" and an awesomely fantastic, spirited "toe touch" almost jump!!! Remember the robe??? And as quick as I started I was finished. Between the hysterical laughs from all partys involved and the look of total utter shame, embarrassment, and disgust that only a 13 year old can portray this is what I heard:
" UMMMM, EWWWW, MOM, Sit down...don't do that again.... EWWWWW ...I'll call somebody else for help!!!" "Dad, can you do it?" I mean REALLY, she didn't even give me the chance to do "Firecracker, Firecracker, BOOM,BOOM,BOOM !!!.......Feel the love !!!!???!!!

Second conversation...yet another true story. I was lucky enough to spend the day with the eldest Eastep daughter. Our day was filled with our usual trek to Akron Children's Hospital, followed by lunch at "Fridays" and a little shopping in the afternoon. I think we bonded and pondered lifes biggest issues when you are almost 20 something. Oh, and in case you didn't know, 20 is old and once you hit 30, your life is over--per the eldest Eastep daughter.
Back to the story, it seems that the aforementioned almost 20 something daughter has a dilemna...does she:
1.) Move home next year, Live for free, work every other as needed,
and commute to Aultman 4 days per week.
2.) Live back on campus and pay an outrageous housing bill and still drive from
Walsh to Aultman OR
3.) Rent an apartment off campus, be strapped down with rent, utilities, groceries,
work more hours, and go to school full time, (kinda like burning your candle at
both ends), just to save money on gas and driving.??
HMMMMMM.... Well, this is what she said to me, "Mom, don't get me wrong" (red flag immediately pops up in mom's head, as BP rises) I like being on my own, I like it here on campus, BUT ( awwww, maybe she does miss us) I really miss.......( see, get the tissues out for this)..... I really miss, (ready for this one?)

I REALLY MISS MY GOATS!!!!

SEE?! FEEL THE LOVE !! With that being said, I have to go buy my stock in excedrin and clairol and learn to stay off of the sidewalks. See blog below.

Happy Blogging.
Beck

No comments: