Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You say "Tomato"...

Big news, people. Today I may have proved the theory of evolution and "survival of the fittest"- you know, the idea that the strongest genes meant to ensure survival of the species are what get passed on from generation to generation?

One of the "genes" that have gotten passed down through the Trescott family tree is the idea of eating ketchup on everything. Potatoes, meat, even eggs. I was sure this was evolutionary in nature because it makes food taste better, and (at least at Grandma's house) ensures that you eat at least a little bit of your dinner, therefore ensuring you won't die of starvation. I can just imagine all the little Trescotts, sitting scattered around Grandma's kitchen, holding up their plate with the leftover ham from last year's church dinner, begging, "More ketchup, please!"

That being said...











...Is it necessary that my son dip his mandarin oranges into ketchup?!?!

Oh, yes, he did. And ate it, too! I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Now that I'm done grossing you out for the evening...make sure to visit our newest blogger's own personal blog- Welcome to the blogging world, Katie/Goatgirl!!

2 comments:

down40 said...

i remember a certain young teenager (officially now as of today) dipping her watermelon in ketchep when she was just knee high to a grasshopper!! Some how I can't see the need for fruit to be dunked. Kids...gotta love 'em anyway!!

Mommy23Miracles said...

It's gotta be a Trescott thing. Today, Brenden NEEDED mustard...and insisted that he dip his pizza into it. hmmmm